Have you ever wanted to make a delicious, easy recipe that your whole family will love? Chicken Noodle Soup is classic comfort food that everyone loves. From children to adults, it’s always a hit in just about any state of the nation. And best of all, it can be made with ingredients that are already in your fridge and pantry!
Chrissy Teigen is a famous cook and author who has multiple cookbooks out there. She’s been featured on numerous cooking shows and hosts her own show called “Lip Sync Battle.” In her cookbook “Cravings,” she has over 100 recipes which range from tasty dishes like these chicken noodle soup recipes to elaborate dishes like chocolate-orange cake. If you’re looking for an amazing dinner recipe or something to start off your day right, then check out Chrissy’s latest book to find you.
What is Chicken Noodle Soup?
If you’re looking for the perfect dish to warm you up on a cold winter day, then this is it. Chicken Noodle Soup is made from chicken stock, egg noodles, and carrots. It tastes great with a side of crusty bread and butter (or even better, garlic bread).
This soup is effortless to prepare and generally takes about 30 minutes to make. Feel free to add more heavy cream than the recipe for a more successful, creamier taste. You can also add any other vegetables or herbs that you would like!
This recipe has only seven ingredients in total, so it’s perfect for those who are looking to save money while still having an amazing meal.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prepare your ingredients
– Set up the water, chicken broth, and chopped onions for the soup.
– Chop an onion and a carrot for the soup.
– Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
– Prepare your other ingredients: carrots (if using), celery ribs, chicken breasts, garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, parsley stems, salt, pepper, dry sherry (if using), dried noodles, and chicken stock cubes.
- Make your roux
– Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming and starting to turn light brown.
- Add white wine to the pan and stir in flour until it is fully incorporated into the mixture
- Continue cooking over medium heat for two minutes or until it turns golden brown
- Add the hot broth all at once to the roux mixture while whisking constantly
- Let cook over medium heat until thickened to desired consistency
- Stir in cooked carrots and celery ribs into the mixture right before serving
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Instructions For Making Your Own Recipe
Cooking is a great way to spend time with the people you love, which is why it’s important to use your time wisely. The trick is to put in the effort and make an amazing meal that everyone will enjoy.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound sweet Italian-sausage links, casings removed
4 medium yellow onions, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
6 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon each) Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
How To Make Chrissy Teigen’s Version of Chicken Noodle Soup.
Start by cooking the chicken broth:
Add a heaping teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, and the chopped white part of one head of green onion. Cook for about 30 seconds to start the garlic sizzling on all sides before adding in the whole head (juice included).
Once this is done, then add 2 cups of diced celery and 4 cups of roughly chopped carrots along with 6 cups or 8 cups of chicken broth. Allow this mixture to cook until it bubbles gently around the edges. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup of low-sodium soy sauce before covering tightly with lid. Let it stand for 20 minutes before adding in 1/2 tablespoon each fresh thyme leaves and dried oregano leaves as well as a pinch or two of red pepper flakes.
When you’re feeling indisposed, there’s nothing more pleasing than a bowl of soup. However, it’s not always easy to find the time to make one. Instead, you can make Chrissy Teigen’s Chicken Noodle Soup in just a few minutes at home.
The recipe is so easy that you won’t think how tasty it is.